Fishing at Thorney Lakes, the Lake is one of Somerset’s best-kept fishing secrets for decades.
Surrounded and hidden by a vary of wildlife and trees. An idyllic place for a spot of fishing and wildlife watching.
The Lake is 4 acres, stocked with a selection of course fish including carp, bream, roach, tench, gudgeon, goldfish, chubb, perch and eels. Ranging from the small to 25lbs.
Here at Thorney Lakes we like to be different we don’t offer pegs to fish from you can fish from anywhere on the bank. There are onsite toilets, and depending on the weather you can drive right up to the bankside to save you carrying your fishing gear to the bank.
Fishing at Thorney Lakes – we charge:
£8 all day for an adult,
£6 a day for OAPs & Children,
£6 for half a day.
We look forward to welcoming you onto the banks of Thorney Lakes Caravan and Camping Park.
- No pre baitingI
- No night fishing
- Use the toilets provided
- Strictly barbless hooks only
- Only coarse baits to be used
- All rigs must be free running
- No nuts/beans/floating bait/cat or dog meat
- Landing nets to be used for all fish
- An EA rod license is required to fish
- Both lakes closed from Sunset to Sunrise
- No fixed leads, all leads to be free running
- Unhooking mats or cradles must be used when unhooking all fish
- Fish only the swim in front of you not across the other side of the lake
- Consideration and sportsmanship to be given to other anglers at all time 2 rod limits on lakes
- Please do not lay fish on the floor or handle them in towels or clothe, please use unhooking mats
- No litter to be left on the bank or woodland (use the bin provided or better still take it home)
- Hooks, rigs and licenses can be checked at any time, anyone found in breach of the rules will be asked to leave immediately without refund