Fishing at Thorney Lakes, the Lake is one of Somerset’s best-kept fishing secrets for decades.
Surrounded and hidden by a vary of wildlife and trees. An idyllic place for a spot of fishing and wildlife watching.
The Lake is 4 acres, stocked with a selection of course fish including carp, bream, roach, tench, gudgeon, goldfish, chubb, perch and eels. Ranging from the small to 25lbs.
Here at Thorney Lakes we like to be different we don’t offer pegs to fish from you can fish from anywhere on the bank. There are onsite toilets, and depending on the weather you can drive right up to the bankside to save you carrying your fishing gear to the bank.
Fishing at Thorney Lakes – we charge:
£10 all day for an adult,
£8 a day for OAPs & Children,
£8 for half a day.
We look forward to welcoming you onto the banks of Thorney Lakes Caravan and Camping Park.
- Fishing from sunrise to sunset(all rods to be out 30 mins before Sunset)
- An EA rod license is required to fish
- No RC boats
- No pre baiting
- No night fishing
- No Swimming
- 2 rods per angler
- All fish to be returned
- All dogs to be kept on a short lead
- Use the toilets provided
- No fish traps
- No fires or BBQs
- Only course bait to be used
- No braided line
- No nuts/beans/floating baits, cat or dog food
- Landing nets to be used for all fish
- No fixed leads, all leads to be free running
- Strictly barbless hooks only(size 8 max)
- Unhooking mats or cradles must be used for ALL fish
- All nets, mats and cradles must be dipped
- Fish only the swim in front of you not across the other side of the lake
- No litter to be left on the bank or woodland(use the bin provided or better still take it home)
- No keepnets to be used
- Do not leave your rods unattended
- Please read the rule board at the Lakes for any update
- Consideration and sportsmanship to be given to other anglers at all time
- Hooks, rigs and licenses can be checked at any time, anyone found in breach of the rules will
be asked to leave immediately without refund